Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bad Company



Artist: Bad Company
            This self-titled debut album by British rock band Bad Company is a hallmark of 1970s classic rock. Released in 1974, this album peaked at number one on Billboard charts in the US, and has gone on to sell over five million copies to date.  While initially only two songs from the album were released as singles, “Can’t Get Enough” and “Movin’ On,” as time has passed, "Rock Steady", "Bad Company" and "Ready for Love" have all become rock-radio classics.
            Like many other great records that I have -and will- review here, this album never fails to conjure up memories of summer time. When “Movin’ On” plays from the radio, I just can’t help turning it up. This is especially true when my buddies and I have been working long hours into the hot summer night –when we’d really like to be relaxing. We all get a little extra energy to push us through the rest of the night.
            While I will only give this album a four out of five rating, I feel I should take the time to explain. Although this album is for sure a ‘classic album,’ and one that I thoroughly enjoy, it has gained much of its popularity and status over the passing decades since its release. This probably has a lot to do with people’s associations of its songs and good times. However, that is not to say that this record is not deserving of its praises. Paul Rogers’ voice is among the best in rock ‘n’ roll, and every one of the eight songs on this album oozes with great vibes.
Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment